LaingBuisson Les Soins Aigus Prives Lucratifs 1st Edition
The report includes:
- Politics and regulation
- Major operators
- Market potential
Legal reforms since 1983
Who the report is for
- Hospital & Clinic C-suite Professionals
- Specialist Acute Medical Care Providers
- Private Medical Insurance Groups
- Private Equity
- Property Developers & Consultants
- Think Tanks
- Management Consultants
Want to know more? Our sales team can help.
Call: 020 7841 0045
Email: [email protected]
LaingBuisson Private Lucrative Acute Care 1st Edition
LaingBuisson’s comprehensive study into the French private acute market. First edition. Published 28th February 2020. (167pp).
LaingBuisson has published its first market report on the French market – Private Acute Healthcare French Market Report (Les Soins Aigus Privés Lucratifs, Étude du Marché Français). Currently published in French only, an English translation will be available to purchase separately soon.
This report is essential reading for anyone who wishes to understand the functions and structure of the French acute healthcare sector, including providers, government decision-makers, investors and advisors to this dynamic and growing market.
The report shows that the market for private acute healthcare in France was worth €11.4 billion in 2018, which represents growth of 16.6% since 2010. The main payor in the market is the national healthcare insurance system, which has the objective of financially supporting an ever-evolving hospital sector.
Key findings of the report include:
- Private hospitals and clinics account for 35% of all hospitalisations for acute care in France. All private hospitals offering acute care provide care paid for by the public purse.
- National healthcare insurance pays for 89% of care, with the rest coming from private healthcare insurance (6%), self-pay (4%) and the French State (1%).
- The private healthcare sector has consolidated in the past 10 years, and this has accelerated since 2015. Private hospitals and clinics are also getting bigger.
- The sector’s profitability stands at 2.8%, largely because of the level at which state tariffs for hospital treatment are set. However, for the first time, tariffs were increased in 2019 and are set to continue to rise until 2021.
£1,295.00 – £3,250.00